Model Builder wont install

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
shelldrake
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:12 am

I purchased the Model Builder program today, and I can't install it.

Each time I attempt to do so it comes up with an error message "C:\ProgramData is not writable or accessible".

I did a search on the internet for a solution and discovered this is a Vista error message.

I am using XP, I turned off my firewalls and virus checkers in case that was the problem, and allowed all of my C: directories to be seen and writable through the properties settings and I still get the error.

Is anyone able to help in getting the program to install? Is there a version of the program dedicated to XP and not Vista?

I hope someone can help :)
evande
Site Admin

Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:32 pm

missed this post. Sorry for such a terribly slow reply. I have not seen any emails from you so not sure if you are now installed ?

Model Builder's installer normally knows about XP and does not attempt to go to program data. The proper folder for XP is c:\documents and settings \all users \ application data \ evan designs
We have contacted the installer company SetUp builder to see if they can tell us why your particular XP is behaving differently! Hope to have useful information for you shortly.
Evan Designs
shelldrake

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:12 am

Thanks for the post - the issue was fixed via email a day after the original post by installing the previous version of the program on my PC and then upgrading it to the latest version which then worked fine :D
evande
Site Admin

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:24 am

thanks for the update, glad we got that fixed in a timely manner!
Evan Designs