Bug?

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
dcyale
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:48 am

I am seeing some weird behavior- maybe it's a known behavior. I was working on a design where I wanted to put some small pictures of the actual building on the sheet for reference. I noticed the file was getting pretty big so I deleted them and the file got no smaller. I repasted them on and the file got even bigger. I delteed them again and the file did not get any smaller- it stayed at the new, higher number. So every time I pasted them in again the file got bigger and deleting them made no differencce. The file is now 1 meg bigger after a few pastes and cuts.

It's almost like they get deleted from the screen, but they are still saved in the mb4 in multiple copies now.

I was going to upload the mb4 when it was done, but now it's up to 5meg and over the 3 meg limit.

Other than that I am loving the program so far..
nyowrr

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:54 pm

I had never noted this before. I created a new project and imported 4 different images, jpg and gif. All came in at a size of 5x5. I saved the file and exitted to check the file size(884 kb.) That file was reloaded and I then erased 3 of the images and exitted again. I was surprised to find that the file was still 884 kb. Perhaps Dave or Shelly should address this.

nyowrr
evande
Site Admin

Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:43 pm

hi
Sorry for the dreadfully slow reply! Apparently we were not subscribed to the various threads on the forum and we are used to getting things sent to our inbox. Probably a php update unsubscribed us!

We have read over your post. Also tried a few imports too. Yes, you are right the file does not get smaller when imports are removed. We will look into this, thanks for catching it.

If you send the file exhibiting this behavior to email: [email protected]
or attach the file to this forum thread (you should see an "upload attachment" tab at the bottom of the post area)
we may be able to run compression on the file and send it back.

Meantime we will look into what is happening.
Evan Designs