Filling in model with material

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
badwargamer
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:22 am

Sorry, me again!

I'm having trouble 'filling in' my project. I will try to attach it but every time I try it fails!

At the top of the wall is a triangular section...for the roof!... How do I fill this in with the material?
Above this the wall folds over the top and provides a 'wall ridge' which runs along the edge of the roof. How can I fill this in and how do I rotate the material so it runs in the right direction?

Hope you can help!
badwargamer

Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:27 am

Sorry, your website won't let me update the file!
evande
Site Admin

Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi sorry you are having trouble attaching a file. When you click "reply" to a post there are a few tabs below the white post box. One says "upload attachment" click that tab it will prompt you to browse for a file name. I attached a building to this post that shows how you can use the triangle to mark a roof line.

I do not know why when you try to attach it fails. I think there is max file size. You can email the files you are working on to us directly.
[email protected]

If you are talking about your building plan when you say "triangular section for the roof", you would want to have the paper tools order> to front. There is a triangle paper tool you can use.

Rotate is not ready yet it will be in version 2.

I think we need to see the file. Email to [email protected]
Attachments
hunting-shop-in-ho.mb4
sample file with roofline
(230 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Evan Designs
badwargamer

Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Thanks again for the reply.

Maybe it is file size why I can't upload it.

So I guess I either have to at splitting up my building plans into more pieces so that all pieces are in a horizontal direction in order to get the materials to be at the right angle. I can then rearrange them back together in another art program when I've finished.

Or, I just do what I can in this program then use the art program to do the angles bits!

Roll on version two! Any idea of when it will be available?
SRV Ron

Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:17 pm

I use Model Builder to scale out my projects and all major components. To finish things up and compact them into efficiently designed prints, I transfer the results to Paint Shop Photo Pro where I can do the rotations, duplications, and weathering details. That is currently done by printing to a PDF file and loading it into PSP. This has worked quite well in designing paper HO scale models of the numerous Sears kit homes using their on line blueprints.