material library

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
wjt
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:16 pm

I am having difficulty in using the library. If I select a thumbnail and press "copy", nothing happens, that is, it won't paste, the page just goes dark. I am assuming the library contains more materials than those shown in the standard selection windows. Can anyone straighten me out please.
evande
Site Admin
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:37 pm

The material library only contains images of the items already in the pallets in the software. Material library is in Adobe PDF format (which is probably why the copy function does not work as expected) It does not have a single image that is not in the program already.
It is meant as a quick reference, the images are thumbnails only of all the images contained in the program. Some like to print out the library and look it over so when they are ready to assemble a building they can remember where the items they plan to use are located.

If you look closely at the library, you will see that the names of the palettes are on right-hand side. These correspond to the names in the drop-down lists. So if I see a window I like in "factory windows" I know I can find that palette in the windows/doors main category inside Model Builder.

Shelly
Evan Designs