New Web Page

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
cadman1
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:54 pm

Great idea to start a forum for our designs. Your product is great, versatile and very easy to use. Is there a way to import .jpg images? It would be perfect.
RonP

Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:59 pm

I agree great job on the website upgrade.
Steven

Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:54 pm

Great to see this site, I've had Model builder for a while now but I'm just starting to build. Love to see the sharing of ideas and sharing others work, I'm sure I'll be visiting this site every day.
evande
Site Admin

Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:21 am

Thanks very much for the positive input! We at Evan Designs look forward to a constructive forum that can benefit all Model Builder Users. We hope you take the time to upload a creation or two that you are willing to share. We look forward to seeing what everyone
Has been making.
As for importing images into your Model Builder Projects click on the Tips Tab to see several articles, including one on importing images
http://evandesignsmodelbuilder.com/mode ... rtips6.php

Recently we made an improvement to allow users to share Project Files containing imported images. So be sure to get the latest update to take advantage of this new functionality.
By the way, gif formatted images are still not staying within the file, but we are working on this for the next update.
Have fun making more Models!
Evan Designs
boomer0622

Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:02 am

I'm very happy to see this website also. I think it will be great sharing our creative projects. I've had Model Builder for awhile but haven't done any building yet. I have created a few fronts that I'd like to post in the Photo Gallery , but I can't find the directions to do so.
Can anyone advise me ?

Doug
evande
Site Admin

Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:49 am

Hi Doug
Welcome!
You can upload an mb4 file and include a photo. Click the tab for the home page. Then click the upload link located top right on the home page. I think you can just post a photo from there, but it would be great if you could include the mb4 file to share!
Evan Designs
boomer0622

Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:53 am

I know that this new website will be a learning process for a lot of us. Here is what I learned this morning.

To post a photo in the Photo Gallery is must be in; JPG, GIF OR PNG format. For some reason I just thought I could upload my Nb4 file and there would be a picture of it also. It didn't happen :o

So....if we create an image in the Nb4 file and don't build it.......How do we share a picture of it ???

Doug
evande
Site Admin

Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:05 pm

It can be helpful to have a picture along with the .mb4 we definitely agree.

You can make a print screen by clicking the "print screen" key on your keyboard. Then open Microsoft Paint or any photo program and hit "paste". Crop or highlight the area you want to keep from your desktop image. Save as .jpg and you have something to share !

As we have time we will be populating the already uploaded .mb4 files with pictures made this way. So, go ahead and upload your .mb4 files if you have not already, and we can open them and make screen shot pictures.
Evan Designs
boomer0622

Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:46 pm

evande, Thanks for posting the picture of my 3 store front, however I think I put it in the wrong size catagory. I created it in a smaller scale that HO.

For general knowledge, if we do upload a project into the wrong catagory and want to change it to the correct size catagory......what is the proceedure ?

I have also just uploaded another store front which is in 1 /64 scale. It's my version of a real building I saw in Ellicott City, Md.

Doug
evande
Site Admin

Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:07 pm

We are the only ones who can move files.
So if you accidentally put a file in the wrong place, or you want to make changes to a file you uploaded; all you need to do is let us know and we will take care of it.
Evan Designs