My First Try

Discussion about the Models you have uploaded, or Models you are planning on making, or Models you would like to make
treadhead1952
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:41 am

Hi All,

I haven't built it yet, I did do the design so half the battle is won. ;)

I added it to the upoload pages so you can give it a shot if you like.

Basically I wanted a small metal warehouse type building to add to a layout I am planning. One side will be part of an alley and as a result, the taggers have been busy. I also included five parts to make a swamp cooler for the roof and a two part ventilator fan structure for the roof as well. There is a utilites panel selection that can fit in the back side between the large and small doors. I would suggest either multiple copies to make it thick enough to look right or backing it up to some bits of balsa or styrene. It is tabbed for easy construction, laminating it to a sheet or two of thick cardstock would probably be a good thing as well. When doing this, don't try to laminate the tabs, just use a single exterior copy of them otherwise you will run into problems folding them over.

Jay
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV
gazerm42

Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:17 pm

It looks good tread! :P I'm gonna download it for my N Scale layout. I have to make about 50-60 more buildings for my lay out. I appreciate all the modelers uploading their creations.
Thanks,
Gazerm42
treadhead1952

Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:44 pm

You are more than welcome, I am having so much fun tinkering at these things it is hard to stop! lol

I have some more work to do on another one I will be uploading soon, it has about five different buildings on it, all aimed at RR Layouts. i also figured out how to make up loading docks, I am sampling different materials in constructing them to see how they look.

Jay
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV