Wish List

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
evande
Site Admin
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Hi Paul
thanks very much for contributing!
We are looking at adding a text editor, we agree it will be useful to have. For the time being you can import text you have created in Microsoft Paint using the windows clipboard.
Type your text in paint, surround the text with the "dotted lines" select "Edit" > "Copy" now go over to Model Builder and select "Edit" > "Paste" Put your text where you like on the Model Builder project.
Evan Designs
Paulw

Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:14 pm

I like to see the new additions coming. One more that would be great is a way to paint or edit color or style. For instance if you had the window with the broken panes, you wouldn't want to put in 6 or 8 windows with the same pattern.
Paulw
evande
Site Admin

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:10 am

Hi Paul
We agree. Check your windows/doors palette. The last category in that list is window panes (scroll down, it is listed after "shutters"). There are whole panes and broken panes that you can add to any window to make it look completely different from other windows.
Evan Designs
bethelljohn

Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi,

I don't know how difficult it would be, but in paper tools there are masks tht look vaguely like tents, which are for modelling roof apexes. Can these be repeated but as inverted versions, please, and maybe full arcs - although I suspect that if the latter were easy, you would already have included them? I would like to design buildings with rounded ends, or even fully round structures. If the masks could be inverted or mirrored, it would help. The quonset method works but it is difficult to ensure that the curve is true at both sides except by cutting out the first curved end and then using it as a template. I attach a photo of a round building.

I know what you are probably thinking - THERE IS ALWAYS ONE... :roll: but I thought I would ask.

Thanks.
Attachments
pissoir.jpg
(11.2 KiB) Downloaded 4190 times
evande
Site Admin

Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:21 pm

It's not hard to do, we just did not think of it. Thanks very much for the suggestion!
Since there are already a lot of paper tools, we are going to look into making a "paper tools 2" pallette. Any other shapes you would like to add? Suggest them now. We will roll them into a palette and offer them as a download from this site in 1-2 weeks.

Shelly
Evan Designs
bethelljohn

Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:50 pm

If the 'tent' shapes were rotated 90 degrees, right and left, I believe that would also prove useful as the textures for bricks, sidings etc can't be rotated. Can I also suggest a better range of colours in the sidings editing palette, please? In the UK many railways used a yellowish cream paint on the sidings of wooden station buildings, signal boxes (switch towers) and crossing huts. This was combined with chocolate, dark blue, malachite green, or crimson on the lower portions, the bench seats and the trim. So, when you review or update that feature, could you consider adding a range of colours, please?

Thanks.
evande
Site Admin

Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:02 am

oh that's easy! you have all of the 16 million colors on your computer for use in the siding editor :D
go to the siding editor, double click any chip to bring up the color editor. Now click "system color pallet" Now click
"define custom colors" and you will have the complete color palette. Just one thing, you will need to move the black pointer arrow on the far right upwards, for some reason windows has the hue set to 100% saturation
If you have any digital photographs that have the color of siding you want, use a color picker in your photo editor to get the exact color coordinates for typing them in.
Evan Designs
Kevin WS

Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:48 am

Having now played with the program a bit, my suggestions.........

1. A rotate tool - so objects can be rotated! Essential this as objects can then be rotated to check for fit, as well as textures rotated so they align correctly on the finished item. Incorporating a mirror tool would be ideal.

2. A borderless white block as part of the Paper Tolls. Note also that a rotate tool would mean that a lot of the Paper tools could then be reduced.

3. A floating ruler.

4. A separate palette where users could sotore their own imported textures.

5.The ability to tile and resize own imported textures.

I note all the comments re weathering and shadows.

Shadows could easily be achieved via the use of Paper Tool Objects (shaded) and again a mirror/rotate tool would make application easy.

Weather may be best achieved (if not in the original texture) via the use of PSP or Corel etc onthe finished template. Sounds over-complex for direct programming.

Cheers,
evande
Site Admin

Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi Kevin
Thanks very much for your input!
1, 3, 4 we agree completely and we are working on them yes. And borderless paper tools we just though of ourselves. I agree rotating paper tools would eliminate most of the current paper tool palette.
5) you can currently re-size imported textures. Tiling is a bit tougher to implement. You can tile textures ahead of time in photoshop, and then import the tiled texture. If you have photoshop I can guide you through the process if you like. I might be able to help w/corel although I do not have it.
Evan Designs
Kevin WS

Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:20 am

Thanks

I use Paintshop Pro X3 - let me have look and see what it does as per your input!

Cheers