1/400 Thatched cottage

Share your projects with the community! Take those snapshots now!
bethelljohn

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:07 pm

Here are a couple of photos of a small thatched cottage that I have uploaded. It is designed at 1/400 but I resized it to 1/160 so there was something in the potograph! ;) Both roof ends need slight trimming to complete the rounded shape, once they have been assembled.
evande
Site Admin
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:27 pm

If you want to show an image, you will need to have a free image hosting account like those offered by
http://photobucket.com/ or http://www.pbase.com or http://www.fototime.com/
or other free image hosting sites. We do not endorse any one site, check them out and decide which works best for you.

If you look at the line of choices right above your "post reply" window, you will see one that says Img click on it. The code will appear on your post. To display the image, surround the link pointing to your image with this pair of tags.
For example this code:
Evan Designs
bethelljohn

Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:03 pm

Sorry,as cover images were uploaded as an attachment, I assumed this site worked the same. Us Brits, hey???
So, lets try again.Hopefully, it will work for me, this time. :D

evande
Site Admin

Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:49 pm

hmm. It apears the links to the pics are not quite right. Can you please copy and then paste the link to the picture directly into a post and I will edit if possible...
Evan Designs
evande
Site Admin

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:48 pm

what an excellent building!! Hard to believe you just got the software!

The reason they refused to show up before? webshots has it's own way of having you link to an image. When you have your image in webshots, there is a link on the left-hand side that says "link to it" then it gives you a few ways to link to the image, and sizes to have it show up. Choose the large size.
It is sometimes hard to copy the whole link to clipboard, so what I do is this: I right-click the link and choose "select all" followed by my keyboard shortcut "Crtl" "C" to make sure I have the complete link. Then back here in your forum post, paste the link and click the Img tab above the post.

Honest it will get easier as you go along, don't give up you have really great things to share :D
Evan Designs
bethelljohn

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:53 pm

Thanks for the help in uploading the photos. I've been a railway modeller, on and off, for years, mostly in N and Z scales. Lately, I've got interested in Tim Dillon's 1/900 scale, and I have a friend, Leo Berger, in Austria who is producing cast models in N, Z and 1/1250scales. I have one of his 1/1250 Peterbilts, on my Z Layout, as a 'radio controlled' toy. In my early days of modelling I have built quit a few Superquick and Bilteezi card kits. I have made a few 1/1200-1/1250 models by using photocopies of card kits scaled down by trial and error, modified by cuttng and pasting doors, windows and roof textures. The concept isn't new to me, but the software and its manipulation is very much unknown territory to me. I am very impressed by what it can do, which merely whets my appetite for more, but I do seem to be struggling in finding my way about the software, despite using the last possible resort, and reading the manual ;) The model in the photos 1/160 scale and is printed on paper which was quickly cut out and glued together. I wanted to check the fit of the roofs, and see how well it would scale up, so I assembled it very quickly, just to get a couple of photos to have a choice of cover picture for the 1/400 upload. To be honest, it desrved more time, and should have been printed on light card, say photocard at least, and assembled on a flat surface, such as a mirror, or small plate of glass, to ensure that the base was level and true. I used photos of real thatch for the roofs, and although it wont notice in 1/400 or smaller I would have liked to have available a photo of some of the fancy 'cross-stich' and scallop' effect that is usually used on the crest of such roofs, as it would improve larger scale models. Wrong place to mention it, but a scallping tool for station awning vallances, thatch crowns, and sunblinds would be useful , in some future release perhaps?
lopomer

Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:29 am

Unfortunately the images does not work ;d