smal house with overhanging upper storey.

Share your projects with the community! Take those snapshots now!
bethelljohn

Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:36 pm

This was an attempt to see how hard it would be to make buildings for a village high street, with overhanging upper storeys. It is a small house, which in the 40's might also have the status of a private hotel. The owners would let the bedrooms and sleep at a neighbour's, or in a caravan in the garden. The signs are included to turn it into the Red Lion pub or hotel. *I have set it on a cobblestone base, as this seemed the most appropriate.

evande
Site Admin
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:24 pm

Great building! It looks very prototypical. What scale is it ? Is it really 1:1250??
Evan Designs
bethelljohn

Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:34 am

No, with my camera even at 1/400, which is the scale I used to design it, it's just a tiny blob, with hardly any detail. I scaled it up to 1/160, and quickly bashed it together for the photos and to test the 'fit'. I'm very impressed with MB. It sometimes seems to struggle with the conversion, but it always gets there. I printed it out on 4 x 6 photo card, which is sturdy enough for this purpose. Ive done this with all my models before uploading. This helps me spot errors that might otherwise go undetected. In this case, the roof as originally calculated, didn't look right. It needed more overhang, so I quickly adjusted it at 1/160, printed it on plain paper, reroofed it, and then being more satisfied, saved it, recalled it into MB at 1/400, and uploaded the final version. I then loaded it into PSP and resized it by 1/3rd, and printed it on photo card ready for building. However in view of the intricacy at that size, I think this model will have to wait until I've had my other cataract done. It really is very fidddly, but having built it in the larger scale I can be sure it will work. Sorry if I've misled you. :roll:
bethelljohn

Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:21 pm

In the caer of many of the houses with overhanging upper storeys, the top storey leans outwards, so my next attempt was to produce a larger house, with this feature. It worked fine but indicating where the tabs should be has proved difficult....

I will upload it anyway, but if anyone downloading it dinds themselves getting confused, e-mail me and I will try to detail it for them.

Here are photos:-