Sinclair Gas Station

Share your projects with the community! Take those snapshots now!
ralph

Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:05 am

Hi,

Here are a couple of pictures of the Sinclair Gas Station .mb4 I recently posted built up. The model was printed on heavy matte photo paper and then the main walls cut out and mounted on N Scale Architect Taskboard, a high grade fibre board. As this is a 'false front' style building the .mb4 contains coverings for the front and rear of the front wall. I painted the edge of the front with some cheap acrylic craft paint from a local craft store. The colour match was pretty good. I didn't mount the roof on Taskboard but used wooden coffee stirrers (thanks Starbucks) to reinforce the matte paper.

By the way the fuel truck is by Classic Metal and the pump from an old detail kit I had in stock from, I think, Arrowhead. I did notice, when I looked at the photos that the pump hose is coming away. Cruel things cameras. Any way enjoy the pictures and building the model.
sinclair gas.jpg
sinclair gas 2.jpg
treadhead1952
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi Ralph,

Very nice job on your project.

And yes, digital cameras are great for pointing out any flaws, no matter how tiny they may appear in real life. :lol:

Jay
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV
Lenny Goodson
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Hey good job! this is the first time i've been to the website and this gas station looks exactly like one in utah i took pics of to scratch build. I'm thinking i may just use model builder to do it now.