New Model Builder plug-in Announced!

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
evande
Site Admin
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:37 pm

We are happy to announce a new set of bricks textures that plugs into Model Builder. The plug in consists of 8 popular English Bond textures, that work well in American buildings too.
It just became available yesterday. Here is the link:
http://www.scalescenes.com/products/TXm ... er-Plug-in

When you purchase and install you will see your new brick patterns in the "Other" category inside Model Builder like this:

If you like the brick, get your copy now and let ScaleScenes know!
Evan Designs
sybercottage

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:28 am

Brilliant. Just downloaded them. Will you be getting anymore of Johns textures?

Could I just ask if you plan to add any printable windows, that could be printed onto OHP inkjet acetate. John of Scalescenes uses this method on his buildings.I have made many and it gives a great results. It would give the buildings a whole new dimension.
Best Wishes

Alan
sybercottage

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Just wondered if I will get an answer on this.

Best wishes

Alan
Best Wishes

Alan
evande
Site Admin

Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:33 am

sybercottage,

I didn't mean to ignore your question, I think when I first read it I thought it was a rhetorical comment.
I have used both inkjet transparency and inkjet vellum when printing Model Builder windows with great results, so yes, I do not think a modeler should be limited to printing on paper. In fact last year I saw that an Art supply company, Golden, now produces a gesso to apply to a medium of your choice that preps it for inkjet digital printing. Visit www.goldenpaints.com/products/gessgrnd/groundsize.php Item #3566
I painted some of the gesso on a thin fabric that I taped to a sheet of paper for use on my inket.
I printed some great Awnings for a model restaurant that I was building

The 1st part of your question, Will we be getting anymore of Johns Textures?
Actually this was a cooperation between John and I. There was an inquiry from several Model Builder users about the possibility of having the ability of using John's brick patterns in Model Builder. I asked John if he was interested in selling a Model Builder Plug-In to of his English Bond textures. He decided to give it a try.

I am open to other Model Builder Plug-Ins by anyone who would like to market their good quality images as a Plug-In.

Dave
Evan Designs
sybercottage

Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Thanks for replying Dave. I am going to give it a try. I have just completed a 1/450th station and signal box for a T Gauge 3mm layout I am building.

look forward to more plug-ins.

Best wishes

Alan
Best Wishes

Alan