changing scales

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
buzzy2377
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:53 pm

I have been trying to change some HO or larger scale multiple sheet designs to N scale. I start Model builder in N scale then open the larger scale file. The usual warning dialog comes up and I OK this action. The problem is that Model Builder wants to have multiple sheets but there is no way to control this in N scale. Anyone have any ideas?

Buzzy2377
evande
Site Admin
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:31 am

In HO and Larger scales a Model Builder Project can have more than 1 page.
If 2 pages wide or 2 pages tall are used in a HO project, this project will fit on 1 page in N scale..

If Model Builder has a problem converting HO or larger to N scale because N scale does not support multiple pages then try the following.
1) Open the file in the scale it was originally created in. If you are unsure of the project's scale just double-click on the file, it will open in the original file's scale.
2) Go to "File", "Project/Page Setup", and uncheck page 2 and page 3, then "Save". It doesn't matter if objects are off the visible page. When you open in N scale they will be visible as a result of resizing.
Close Model Builder
3) Open Model Builder in N scale. Once in the Design Screen select "File", "Open" and select the file you saved
Evan Designs