Projects for my H0 US-layout (PRR/NYC)

Share your projects with the community! Take those snapshots now!
kjh58
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:23 am

Hi from Germany !
I've just finished a couple of small MB project for my H0 PRR/NYC layout and like to share a few pictures with you. More is yet to come the next weeks.
For now there is a watchman shanty, a brick shanty, the Frosty Bar and my version of the 'Alley Garage' of the provited MB plans. I reinforce my building using balsa wood and foamboards.
I plan to upload all projects, please have a look at the H0 category, member 'kjh58' .
Next will be the brick shanty and a public warehouse. I need a couple of days for them. I'll give you a notice in this threat.
And now, enjoy the pics ! (...and let me know what you think)

Klaus from Pockau, Erzgebirge/Germany

Longtime Model Railroader: H0 scale 1/87
Layout theme: Pennsylvania in the 60s
PRR, NYC, New Haven, ERIE

AMD Athlon II X2 2400, 2GB RAM with WIN7
Model Builder 1.6.11 with Brickyard
MB user since 02/2010
sybercottage

Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi Klaus

Really nice start. Buildings look great.

Best wishes

Alan
Best Wishes

Alan
kjh58

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:56 pm

Hi from Germany !

As promised I'd like to tell you about my newest project I've finished a week ago.
A long time ago I found plans from the 50s for a warehouse in an old Kalmbach publication (Yes, the guys that make the Model Railroader)
It's a warehouse for a wedge-shaped piece of land which you get when you angle out from the main line into a siding. The plan again came to my mind as soon as I'd seen the possibilities of Model Builder designing my first small projects. This should be the ideal tool to get my long-wished warehouse, I thought. And I was right !

With its concrete base, a first floor with wood siding and a second floor from brick it looks real interesting. There are great wooden freight doors, framed windows, some boarded and an entrance door to a flight with steel stairs up to the office.
Rows of bricks are used to make the building look more detailed that just plain paper.
The signs were created using Microsoft Word and printed on normal paper with a laser printer.
I reinforce my buildings using balsa wood and foam-boards. This was done here too.
The roof was made using a piece of foamboard with glued on strips of normal paper to simulate tarpaper. This was painted a dark grey and after it had dried, the seams were "sealed" using black paint. A few patches add interest.
From my scrap-box I added a few styrene parts (drainpipe, stairs, roof details and window) and the beautiful metal kit of the rooftop water tower, which I painted using acrylic paint and washes of an alcohol/black inc blending.

I've uploaded all projects of mine incl. the warehouse, please have a look at the H0 category, member 'kjh58' .

And now, enjoy the pics (...and let me know what you think) and print out the project. Hope you have a lot of fun building the warehouse. I had two wonderful weeks constructing and building my long-cherished warehouse. :)

Until next time, Klaus

MB user since 02/2010
kjh58

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi, it's me again !
If you'd like to have a closer look with larger pics at all my MB projects so far (and you have a fast Internet connection), please use the following link:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/88DDD2EAAD6B330
Your can select each pic to get the original picture at full size.
Hope you enjoy !

MB user since 02/2010
Kevin WS

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:21 pm

Klaus - well done! Very nice indeed!

I like the wedge shaped warehouse - will be interested to see how it looks on your layout when it is in.....
Michael Duckett

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:42 am

Very, Very nice.
Michael the Crank
rainmakerrwm

Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:37 am

kjh58 wrote:Hi, it's me again !
If you'd like to have a closer look with larger pics at all my MB projects so far (and you have a fast Internet connection), please use the following link:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/88DDD2EAAD6B330
Your can select each pic to get the original picture at full size.
Hope you enjoy !
I do like that Frosty Bar. Good job