brickyard (plug-ins) problems

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
buzzy2377
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Tue May 04, 2010 2:33 pm

I just downloaded "kjh_MRR-structures-public-warehouse."

1. This file took 1 minute 40 seconds to load. That is a very long time on my computer.

2. Once loaded , there was no second story material.

3. When I tried to print preview, there was an error message "error print routine #424 3294." The preview came up, but had no materials nor doors, windows,etc. What is that error?

4. When I tried to print, there was an error message "error print routine #424 3117" multiple times. Nothing printed. What is that error?

Are others having a similar problem or is this unique to my machine? What should be done? May we get a list of error message meanings?
Buzzy
evande
Site Admin

Tue May 04, 2010 6:32 pm

Hmm Tried opening on 2 vistas and 1 xp here, file opened under 1 minute, intact. No error message on print preview or print, file printed correctly.
On the 2nd XP here the file opened quickly but without the upper story, and gave different errors on print/preview. The 2nd story brick is from the Brickyard program, which that 2nd XP does not have installed. We will test some on that XP.
evande
Site Admin

Tue May 04, 2010 8:55 pm

Buzzy
I think you do not have Brickyard. That would solve why the top floor and some other areas of the file did not appear for you. We will work on adding a message "a plug-in is needed" to display the rest of a file that uses plug-ins the "downloadee" does not have. Also we can filter out the calls to the missing plug-in as we do now with graffiti.

Still working on the one XP we have here that could mimic your errors you saw on your machine. The Brickyard and a couple of the imported images are the cause.

If you are looking for files to download in the meantime, todorut did not have Brickyard either.
Evan Designs
buzzy2377

Wed May 05, 2010 9:23 pm

You are correct, I do not have "Brickyard." This implies that any structure using a "Brickyard" item must store that item in some format other than JPG or GIF. I can work with that.

The error messages though are another matter. What do those messages mean? If I cannot print, I lose a lot of functionality.

Buzzy
evande
Site Admin

Wed May 05, 2010 11:22 pm

yes we agree, the error messages must go! We are finishing up an update that will remove calls to the plug-ins when they are not loaded on the user's computer. We estimate 2-3 more days to finalize. And we will post the link to the update when it is ready.

So instead of getting the errors you see now, you will just get a message "missing plug-in" once. And then you can display and print the file. You will want to replace missing elements: in this case the Brickyard brick, with native Brick from Model Builder.
Evan Designs
evande
Site Admin

Wed May 05, 2010 11:24 pm

For any who are interested, here is the link on our main site where the downloads for Brickyard and other plug-ins are:
http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/evand ... loads.html
Evan Designs
evande
Site Admin

Sat May 22, 2010 2:22 am

well, it has been a few days, we wanted to keep you updated.
We finished the Brickyard Plug-in repair. So now if you download a file that has Brickyard or any other plug-in, Model Builder will display the file, just sans the plugged in items.
During testing we found a few other things we wanted to take care of before we released it. Like the brick editor, we added new texture and new weathering. And for moving around the design screen, we have enabled the keyboard arrows and mouse thumb wheel.
We want to finish up testing before releasing the latest update.
Evan Designs
evande
Site Admin

Fri May 28, 2010 8:11 pm

Update is finished!
Besides "ignoring" missing plug-ins the new update has some other features too.
You can now click on the design screen and use your keyboard arrows or mouse thumb wheel to move around the design screen. You can also use page up/down and home keyboard keys.
We have updated the brick editor with all new texture and weathering. And the weathering has a slider for more or less effect.
Also some behind the scenes improvement for screen zoom to make it faster.

http://train.modeltrainsoftware.com/mbu ... Update.exe the update is approx 13MB
be sure you have Model Builder closed when you download the update.

Let us know what you find! :D
Evan Designs
buzzy2377

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Downloaded latest MB update. Same problems. Bought "Brickyard," NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. THANK YOU.
Buzzy
evande
Site Admin

Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:21 am

Good you are working now! Brickyard is handy to have it has 20 more patterns to have fun with.

Just for our info, what does your version number say now when you click "Help" "about Model Builder"
Evan Designs