Tell us about your modeling interests!

Newbies, Lets meet and greet!
enawd
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:26 pm

What are your modeling interests? And how did you get started in this great hobby? Let us know a little bit about you.

Post Away! :mrgreen:
skphile

Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:14 pm

I have varied interests including model cars, Star Trek and other space and Sci-Fi related themes, Mars and Moon dioramas, but my main focus is on the DC comic universe with Batman and Catwoman as the prime players. Any one interested in my efforts can check out skphile at Webshots. Recently I donated several dioramas to the Comic Den in Renton Washington to help in their relocation after a fire took about 85% of their stock.
I have very little free time but I love to gather junk to use for projects and do spend at least part of my days off from work doing the hobby.
Any AMC AMX fans out there will see I have a real one and many "toys"! I am currently turning a guest room into an AMX tribute room and will display my massive collection therein.
My webshots albums include a diorama tip category and I would be happy to help anyone with questions.
skphile-Selina Kyle fan
gazerm42

Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:30 pm

Currently I'm working on an N Scale model railroad. I'm trying to model it after a certain section of my own city. Back in the 40's-70's The Illinois Central RR ran on through the city of Kankakee, Il. The street running parallel to the tracks was South East Ave. It was lined with 2-4 storey, mostly brick buildings erected in the early 1900's. They were Bars, stores, restaurants, hotels, etc. all crammed in together creating a congested area bustling with activity. Sadly the vast majority of those buildings are gone today. Model Builder is ideal for my plan I'm glad I found it.

Gazerm42