Printing in N scale after changing scales

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
Michael Duckett

Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:53 am

When i attempt to upload a file i get the following error: The extension mb4 is not allowed. Kinda odd, don't you think?
Michael the Crank
evande
Site Admin
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:33 pm

ah, that is why people zip files before attaching. I was mentioning that might be necessary. Can you just send the file to our email? [email protected] we want to get your O scale changed to N scale here so we can duplicate it. We have just not been able to do so here!
Evan Designs
Michael Duckett

Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:05 pm

I played with this file some, moved the margins a bit to be sure it fit on 1 page. Followed your instructions re, save, close program, start program, open file. Prints wrong in N scale, correct height, width reduced 50%. Here is the latest rev. of the file.
Michael the Crank
evande
Site Admin

Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:58 pm

can't duplicate. Send the file to [email protected] we will look at the emailed file
Evan Designs
Michael Duckett

Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:33 pm

I emailed a couple of files. The file that i posted in the O scale gallery works properly. I am wondering if there is an artifact in the file that does not work properly for me that i cannot see. Thanks for your help. FYI, i am a Gremlin, I can break a ball bearing in a rubber room with my bare hands.
Michael the Crank
Michael Duckett

Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:51 pm

I emailed a couple of files. The file that i posted in the O scale gallery works properly. I am wondering if there is an artifact in the file that does not work properly for me that i cannot see. Thanks for your help. FYI, i am a Gremlin, I can break a ball bearing in a rubber room with my bare hands.
Michael the Crank
evande
Site Admin

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:30 pm

hahahh we love Gremlins! They think of things we never would have. Great :D

thanks so much for your help in keeping after this, and thanks for sending us the file! We will find and crush the boggit with your help!
We have downloaded both files you sent by email and will try and figure what is causing the one file to misbehave but not others. As we had said we just could not get that 50% height to happen on printing (lots of files) after trying to duplicate the steps you outlined.

In O scale we printed your file out and 3 extra blank pages spit out of the printer because they were selected for printing in project/page setup. If you select a page (even if it's blank) and tell MB to print.... then MB will dumbly obey you. And apparently the program is not smart enough when going to a scale with only one page (N) to delete the extra 3 blank pages that were selected back when it was multi-page spread (O)

We will test both this and the other and figure it out!!
Evan Designs
evande
Site Admin

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:52 am

figured it out. It was the 3 blank pages added to the project when it was O scale. We never tested making a multi-page spread and putting Nothing on 3 of the pages. Now we have, we can fix it! Thanks Gremlin
Evan Designs
evande
Site Admin

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:27 pm

I never did reply to this specifically with what was discovered, I posted to one of the (many) other threads.

What was causing the strange behavior you saw was something we had never tested before. In order to get it to happen, we went to O scale designed a file and included 3 extra pages. BUT put nothing on any of the 3 other pages. It works correctly when there is at least 1 object on any of the other 3. Save, open in N. N scale "sees" the extra pages but does not compute what to do with them correctly. Thus the observed change of scale you saw in N. We have fixed this with the latest patch you got.
Evan Designs
evande
Site Admin

Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:12 pm

Forgot one thing! Updating will not repair a corrupted file. Delete the N scale darling. Re-scale the O one (maybe pull the 3 blank pages in the O one) down to N. Save the N. It should behave correctly.
Evan Designs