limit to undo command??

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
charlesd
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:03 am

Hi all...have just started using Model builder..making progress, but still a lot to learn!

My first question...is there any way to set the number of undo actions that can be undertaken?

It seems that you only get one undo at the moment...this makes it difficult when you make mistakes to easily get back to where you started

Cheers
Charles
evande
Site Admin

Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:54 pm

Charles,
There is one undo. Thanks for the suggestion of multiple Undos
My advice is that Model Builder's "Save" command is very fast, so use it after making adjustments that you like.
If you make a mistake that you are not sure how to get out of just close the project without saving changes and reopen.
Dave
Evan Designs
Michael Duckett

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:02 am

Save often!! You can use really long filenames (i remember the bad old 11 letter days). Be descriptive. Follow the Tutorial for Modify Program Settings so you can easily find your files. Save a Lot!! Pritty much found out the hard way.
Michael the Crank
evande
Site Admin

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:25 am

It should not be crashing on you. If it does send us a file attached to email we will look.

Also MB will restore for you and nothing is lost. If you do end up having a crash, when you next open the program MB will prompt and ask if you want to restore everything that was created before you had your problem..
So when I build projects I normally don't save until done.
Evan Designs
Michael Duckett

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:25 am

MB isn't crashing on me. Saving often is a habit i learned from the Evil IBM PC Jr. It has served me well. Also with frequent saves, if you find that your design has gone off on a tangent to Sodor and you were headed for New Jersey, you can back up without loosing something that might be useful later. Hey, 1T drives are under $100. Storage is cheep.
Michael the Crank
evande
Site Admin

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:54 pm

oh, I see! Sort of like design1 design2 design3 you can print them all on draft and see which one looks best in your empire!
You're right storage is crazy cheap We have a TB external hard drive that we auto backup to.
Evan Designs
charlesd

Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:47 am

Thanks for the replies....I finally twigged to saving often...but I guess old (other CAD program) habits die hard!!!

Charles