Scale Confusion

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
Michael Duckett

Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:50 am

Shelly/Dave;
Found another one:

1. Using the file emailed separately, Open in N Scale@ 75% Zoom.
2. Print Preview - See how it looks like there is a tiny gap at the Top between the Brickwork and the Concrete?
3. Exit Print Preview.
4. Select the Top Right piece of concrete. On mine, it gets bigger as if the program is confused about the scale. The values shown in the Materials Dimensions Box are interesting.
Michael the Crank
evande
Site Admin
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:25 pm

Repeated the steps you described and did not see anything odd. By the way, thanks for testing that including a blank page in HO when importing into N seems to be fixed...how many layouts do you have? :D

Closed the file and opened it again. Then I saw the one cement block behave oddly after being clicked on but it was easy enough to re-adjust it to the correct size using the white corner hook.
And I saw the line white line in print preview. It did print ok, no white line on printing.

I will test more. They both seems to be artifact from opening the file in a different scale after opening other files. If this is a concern, close Model Builder between project files.
Evan Designs
evande
Site Admin
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:46 pm

We have a fix for the problem file! It will be in update 1.6.17 which will be officially available later today on our main site: http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/modelbuilder.html

The symptom was: re-opening a file in 75% screen zoom then having an image in the project change to a larger size after clicking on it. It turned out the image was reverting to 100% screen zoom, it was not related to HO scale as we all originally assumed. Opening more than one file in a session at 75% was the culprit. Anyway it's fixed now.

Regarding the 1 pixel white line observed between cement and brick at N scale during print-preview, that one is much tougher to get rid of. It is an uncommon artifact to do with splitting a pixel only seen on rare files (this is the only file we have seen this on) and only with some monitors (it did not display on all monitors here). It is not carried to the print, only print preview erroneously shows it. Printers have more pixels per inch than monitors.
We cannot easily fix that artifact at present. The work-around if ever you again see a 1 px white line in a project using print preview, is to move your cement down or brick up by that amount.
Evan Designs
Michael Duckett

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Well, Cool.
Thanks.
Michael the Crank