Align and Distribute Issues

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
evande
Site Admin
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:53 am

enjoy your train show! We will be going to the Hobby show in Chicago in October, and then Trainfest Wisconsin in November.
Sorry for that non-starter. We sent another link, this time it should get you further.
Evan Designs
Michael Duckett

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:45 am

Distribute and Align appear to work Correctly. YEA!!!!
evande
Site Admin

Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Thanks!
Evan Designs
Michael Duckett

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:51 am

It's fixed! Works great! Thanks!
Michael the Crank
Michael Duckett

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:51 pm

When Aligning to centers (Vertical or Horizontal), the program appears to align to the mean of all of the objects selected, thereby making the absolute location of all of the objects a matter of very fiddly trial and error. Mostly Error. As i am trying to align smaller windows over larger. I believe that we would be better served, in this case, by aligning on the 1st object selected. Can this be made so?
Michael the Crank
evande
Site Admin

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. We had not thought of that. It makes good sense we will look at it for the next update.
Evan Designs
Michael Duckett

Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:14 pm

This am i installed the distribution version of 1.6.17.
Working with the wall section that i have emailed separately:
Working with the Beta version, i had installed 6 windows in the lower level. I had used various permutations of align and distribute to try to get the placement that i wanted.
This am, after installing the distribution version of 1.6.17, i got the brainstorm of adding a buncha extra windows, (even over the doors), distributing the whole works, and deleting the windows that i did not want.
OK, i added a buncha windows, 16 in total (I think), selected them and the wall, selected Distribute Horizontal and then Preview.
The Preview looked a little odd, as previews often do, and to see whatid happen, i clicked commit. Neeto! most of the windows vanished. Sending the wall to the back did not reveal them (well, it was worth a try) there appears to be one window in the far left position and several stacked up in the far right position.
When you gonna put me on the payroll?
Michael the Crank
evande
Site Admin

Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:18 pm

downloaded the file and having a look now! Thanks for sending
Evan Designs
evande
Site Admin

Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:16 pm

one question, when you say print preview often looks "a little odd" is that with respect to Model Builder? If so, it helps to more provide specific comments with respect to the oddness you are observing.
Evan Designs
Michael Duckett

Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:32 pm

I haven't been able to replicate it. I deleted all of the windows on that level and started over. This time i roughly placed 16 windows and distribute worked fine. When i said preview looked odd i meant the one in the distribute dialog box. Next time i see a weird one, i'll document. I'm emailing another version of this file, Ca, when looked at with Print Preview, the Right hand door looks odd. Only upper left quadrant and wrong scale. When i printed it, thats how it printed.
Michael the Crank