New 1:72 wargame buildings in 'OO' section

Discussion about the Models you have uploaded, or Models you are planning on making, or Models you would like to make
javaguy
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:09 pm

I've created some buildings for WW2 skirmish wargames. I model France 1944 and found pictures of French towns I can model. I uploaded a 'B' building (3 windows a side plus a stairwell) and a 'C' building (2 windows a side). The designations are mine, rather than some historic or civil engineering code (I'm designing a flock of things...).

The buildings are designed to be sliced like a birthday cake. You can lift off the appropriate levels and put soldier figures in the rooms, at the windows, etc. The window bays are open because I can't find an appropriate window treatment that is cheap enough and looks good. Add shutters, chimney pots (in the future) and balconies and things look really dressy.

I wish I had more bric-a-brac available to me. I'm so-far relying on the stock from the program plus the Brickyard. I really need more top-of-building works, more stucco patterns and more door and window treatments.

I also wish that the program (version 16) provided solid colors in its horizontal and vertical color treatments. Printed large, there is a slight tic-tac-toe effect that keeps me from considering them as paint for the fronts of the buildings. But the Evans program makes these buildings much nicer and easier.

If the brief directions are unsuitable then please reply to this forum and I can find my foamcore cutting directions, etc., for them.

Jerome.
javaguy
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:11 pm

The pictures for the "Apt B" are found decorating the "Apt C" MB4 download, and vice-versa. Oh, well!