re-arangement of items after save

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
gazerm42
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:25 am

I design a building and then save it. Later I open it up again and a lot of the parts have moved. I don't know what causes this. I would appreciate any help

gazerm42
evande
Site Admin

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:44 am

If you do not have the latest version of Model Builder upgrade yours for free at http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/modelbuilder.html
One other time in the past year I was informed of someone having items move when opening a saved file.
I was unable to replicate this problem.
Could you identify what Windows version you have.
Try downloading a file from one of the files on the "HOME" tab, and see if it opens fine
If you have access to another computer, try loading Model Builder on it and opening the file. Since this is a very rare behavior then it should open fine on a different computer
Dave
Evan Designs
gazerm42

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:25 pm

Dave,
I have the latest update. But now thinking about it, I did change computers. I'm running Win 7 64 bit. That's probably what's wrong. can you concur?
thanks gazerm42
evande
Site Admin

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:16 am

Well there are no reported errors on Win 7 that I can recall. Did the files get made with XP and then opened with Win 7? Is that what we should be testing?

Also when you loaded the program to Win 7, the default is C:>Program Files>X86 if you check it should be in that bucket.

How did downloading and opening a file from the share go?
Evan Designs
gazerm42

Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:16 am

The files are in the right directory. I downloaded a building other than my own from the file share and it looks fine. All the buildings I've made up to this point were made on either XP or Vista. It looks like there is and issue with Win 7 after you've made a building on another OS. I also made a new building with MB on Win7, i saved it then reopened it and it was perfectly the same as I saved it. I just opened several that I made a while back and some buildings were fine while others were not. Doors and windows were in different places and none of the gif signs showed up. It sounds like to me there may be a problem going between different OS's. I hope this helped.

Mark
evande
Site Admin

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 am

yes very helpful. We will check that as we have an XP and several 7's here. No Vistas though.

Another thing, there was a large palette update awhile back. Between version 1.4 and 1.5 and at that time a lot of items were added. So files made prior to the new things added sometimes you will see different images or things shifted.
Evan Designs