Wish List

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
evande
Site Admin
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:55 pm

wish list, wish list, please!
I will move it to that thread shortly.
I looked at various programs and where the origin is set. Raster programs like: Model Builder, Photoshop, Corel Photopaint, Paintshop Pro, Windows Paint (win7 version, of note earlier versions of paint were bottom left and they changed it to top/left ), have rulers with origin top/left. Vector programs like Corel Draw and Autocad have it bottom/ left.

It would be a major change to take the origin point and move it. Sounds easy enough but it is not. We will consider the possibility for a user-defined option for this in V2

Have you tried your floating ruler we gave you to test out yet? You can set the ruler to start at the bottom. You can also likely use it for a "crosshair" or move it and use it how you think of.
Evan Designs
evande
Site Admin

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:19 pm

I'd like to make a wall section (as you can likely tell, i like biiiiig buildings) and then Group it so i can copy, move and otherwise manipulate it as a single object. Then UnGroup one of them and change it (delete a window and add a freight or people door or Brick in a window. Then Group that and so on.
Save various Groups as discrete drawings?
Retrieve or import a drawing as a group, then UnGroup and modify it?
Michael the Crank
Evan Designs
evande
Site Admin

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:22 pm

clearly you did already try the floating ruler thanks for feedback.

You mentioned align bottom. Click align in MB there is align: left, top, right, bottom, center
Evan Designs
Michael Duckett

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:33 pm

Align BOTTOM! How cool is that! I Like the Align Center thingie too. Very cool.
Michael the Crank
Michael Duckett

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:41 pm

"Sounds easy enough but it is not."
None of this sounds easy to me, I've tried coding. No thanks.
Michael the Crank
Michael Duckett

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:49 pm

Sidewalks, curbs, concrete, asphalt and cobble roads, corners, crosswalks, sewer and manhole covers, sidewalk elevator covers, etc
Michael the Crank
evande
Site Admin

Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:05 am

almost enough on that list for it's own program! We tossed the idea around at one time, it would be kinda neat to allow things like double yellow, single yellow with dots, dotted yellow, crosswalks, white lines, potholes, intersection lines. We need more hours in the day, and something to take pictures for us from up on a crane, or a drone plane with a high res camera.
Maybe some point down the road or sidewalk.
Evan Designs
BandO GLENNWOOD

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:10 pm

I was wondering if you could post some stone and brick arches on the site so that they could be used for bridges tunnels and buildings also an arched engine house door I would also like to be able to tilt or rotate an image so that i could be able to make roof trusses also i would like to see work benches furniture lockers and the like to give the inside of the buildings some interest You could post some of these improvements on the forum to see how well they are received Before they go into production also when people log in the Modelbuilder Program direct them to the forum page so that we as members get more input from others Also some step by step builds from some of the forum members Helpful Hints for stairs I use the wood textures and Z fold them to get 3D stairs as opposed to the stairs in the program Thanks PAUL
evande
Site Admin

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi Paul
thanks for joining us on the forum! Thanks for your feedback.
We do include a flyer inside the Model Builder manual when you purchase the program on disc that directs to this forum. We can do more to encourage people to come here when they download.

I moved your post to the wish list as it belongs with the wish list topic.

I agree arches and interior details are a great idea! Have you tried importing into Model Builder yet? It can be as easy as doing a Google image search. Find something you like right click "copy" and in Model Builder "Edit">"Paste" then resize as needed using the Model builder scale rulers.
Of course this only works for rectangular objects. Things like arches have to be hand-edited before importing.

Your idea for stairs, the z fold is a very good one. Anything that adds dimension adds a lot to the realism.
You can also print things like trim and doors separately and then cut and glue them on to give added depth. This gent:
cut the windows and placed them a few layers back to seem as though the buildings are thick stucco.
Evan Designs
mojo1

Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:55 am

Hi, can I second the request for arches to match the brick and stonework already available in Model Builder? I've been building some railway cottages using one of the brick sheets, and printing the windows on OHP acetate. However, I can't get any window arches to match, whilst the ones provided in MB don't match the brickwork I've been using. I've tried importing and resizing but they don't match the brickwork either. I'd try drawing my own but I doubt I could get the colour to match the brick printouts. Ah well, in an ideal world.... Re interior details can I suggest doing a Google search for images of all sorts of interiors-furnishings, industrial etc and resize them in MB. In the UK we use scans from mail order shopping catalogues for things like representations of furniture, curtains, carpets etc. Even if you can't find an ideal match, from behind the windows the image looks just realistic enough, especially if you light the interiors. Hope that helps.