Bitten AGAIN by the scale modeling bug...

Newbies, Lets meet and greet!
enawd
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:11 pm

Every hobby has it's beginning, and from this beginning comes experience and learning...

I'm a fan of scale modeling since I was young. I’m always fascinated by dioramas and action figures. The "details" these figures and scenarios have, never failed to astound me.

And so it happened,the year was 1997, I was able to purchase my first kit a B-17 flying fortress aircraft scale model with a scale of 1:72, I was so excited that I never planned the process of the project, all I wanted was to build the kit and paint it, the outcome: not bad for a first timer. From this experience, I learned one important thing: Time and patience is your ally in scale modeling, the more effort and patience you put into it the better outcome.

Comparing my first project with other projects from experienced modelers, I said to myself I still have a long way to go, but who cares, what’s important is I love what I do and learn new things from the experience… as they say life is a long learning process, the more knowledge you accumulate the less you know….

Kudos to the site and Shelly for awaking my scale modeling interest that has been hibernating for 5 years of so….

Next step: Building a hangar for my aircraft projects and finally start my war-scenario kit sitting in my closet for 5 years... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
skphile

Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:02 pm

Your comments about time and patience are really true-" Let the paint dry!". As a kid I ruined many a paint job with fingerprints by not waiting long enough!
My dioramas usually take mere hours but the prep time includes month of gathering and sorting "found objects" to get just the right elements for a scene.
Please check out some examples on Webshots under skphile.
My focus is the DC comic universe with Batman and Catwoman the main characters.
I have enough junk for years of work!
Glad to be part of this new site!
-skphile (not Stephen King but Selina Kyle!)
enawd

Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:43 am

Welcome to the site. Glad to have you onboard! :)