Wish List

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
evande
Site Admin
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:55 pm

We built an arch for a tunnel entrance and we bring it along to shows with us. It gets many compliments.

How we built the arch:Image
Cut out one course of your brick or stone paper. The same sheet as your structure is made out of. You can make this course of stones larger if you like. Make small cuts between each stone, from the top of the row going about 1/3 of the way down with each cut. Now you can get the stone to curve around the opening without separating each stone. Of course you will not have the keystone, but it does look good as I said.
Evan Designs
mojo1

Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi, thanks for the tip. I'll give it a go and let you know how it works out.
DKubb

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Is there a way to change the texture of an object without having to redraw it every time ?
For example the siding on a building. I noticed when i look at the properties for an object there is a pallet item # but the value cant be changed. It would be nice if I could easily experiment with different roof and siding texture combinations.
evande
Site Admin

Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:41 am

Thanks for joining us here on the forum. There is not currently a way to swap out materials during the construction process. But we agree with you, and it is a great idea. We will add it to our list. Thanks again for taking the time to suggest it!
Evan Designs
Michael Duckett

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:48 am

I'm Baaack....
So, like, uh, when is version 2 coming out?
I wanna be able to make brick arches. With a keystone.
I wanna be able to make soldier courses to order, and to angle them for peaked roofs.
I wanna be able to duplicate all of the sections of Walthers Cornerstone Modulars, so i can fully mock up a building before i commit it to plastic. Same with DPM.
I wanna be able to make trim at an angle for roof trim.
I wanna be able to make board and bead siding vertical, horizontal and angled.
See the Standard Station on page 60 of Model Railroader, July 2011.
I want the origin in the LOWER LEFT CORNER. Geez, i have used about a dozen drawing programs, currently using Inkscape. Where do the grown-ups put it???
Michael the Crank
dcyale

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:30 am

Maybe I missed it, but a new feature I would like to see is the ability to do a ridgeline on a roof- matching textures that tile out would be great. I did a small building that I uploaded and made a aged copper ridge cap for one building and asphalt shingles set sideways for the other in GIMP and then imported them.

I'd also like to see wood that matches aligned vertically for the wood siding textures so I can use them on the corners of buildings. I guess I could do a screen capture and then pick out a board and import it back, but that seems like a lot of work. Nicely painted buildings can be done with trim- it's the weathered wood that is the problem.

One last thing- why do all imports come in at 5' x 5'. It would be nice to make place holders for standard Grandt Line windows and doors for planning out scratch built buildings without having to resize them manually. If there was a known ratio of pixels to imported size I could make them in GIMP and just import them, using MB to plan the eventual building.

Overall a nice program that lets me play around with a building to see what I want and make infinite changes.
mckinnell

Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:29 am

:) It would be of great value to have an EXPORT ability, as, for myself as such, my modeling needs are not aimed at model railways, but, more the ability to produce models for people to collect and utilies from sites such as the wonderful papermodelers.com forum site, which, is very well known and accepted world wide.

If yor are planing to offer this much needed ability as it would enhance the software no end, could i suggest say .PDF as a standard and that would cover most peoples needs...........

Many grateful thanks and best regards to all and your families,

Tom............. :D ;) 8-)
evande
Site Admin

Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi Tom
export to pdf can be done! Download primopdf.com the free one. It installs like a printer. When you are ready, print your Model Builder files to pdf. PDF can be opened by many programs.
Please note, the images are copyrighted. If you are selling output as complete buildings please credit us. Do not sell output such as full sheets of brick, siding, roofing, etc.
Evan Designs
badwargamer

Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi, I've just downloaded the program and am looking forward to starting to use it.
I think this program is exactly what I need. I've tried to get my head around designing things in 3d and then adding photo textures to tehm but I just struggle with the complicated programs. With this I can design a line drawing for the shape of the building then texture it. Perfect!

My wish list is based on the desire to do two things.
1) Make several buildings of the same shape but be able to change the colour of materials.
2) Use my own textures.

So first on my wishlist is definitely the ability to recolour any of the textures.
The second would be to be able to not just import pictures but to be able to set up groups or galleries or whatever you would call them on the drop down menus to store the imported pictures. I'd like to be able to give the galleries meaningful titles rather than just user gallery1, user gallery2 etc.
I'd also like to be able to manipulate them all in the same way as the ones already in the program.

From what I've read this program has it spot on as it reognises many of us want to use our own pictures and plans to design our own buildings and that is spot on in my opinion. Anything to improve that concept gets my vote. I look forward to exploring the program. Keep up the good work!!
Henrik_Birch

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:41 pm

I have just downloaded the program, and I think it is a great piece of software.
By the way, I would like a way to create a circular shape, with a cut in angle to create oil tanks. It wuold be great, if that funktion could do the math for me. When I have created the circular shape and have made the angular cut to the center, the programme should just ask me, how long/tall the tank should be.

Regards
Henrik Birch