Export

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
evande
Site Admin
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:15 pm

"How do you convert .mb4 to an extension that my other programs can use, such as jpg, tif, bmp, etc. THe model builder program does not allow you to erase a portion of a detail or crop from four sides. If I could export a detail to one of my other programs, modify the item and import it back to model builder it would be useful."
Evan Designs
evande
Site Admin

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:16 pm

There is a free utility you can bring Model Builder images out to:
go to this site: primopdf.comand download the free version of the pdf maker. It installs just like one of your printers. Print what you need and bring it into one of your other programs to modify.
Primo gives you the choice to create pdf for screen resolution or print resolution. Always choose print to avoid loosing image quality.

Re-save to .jpg, .bmp or .gif to bring it back into Model Builder
Evan Designs
SRV Ron

Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:39 am

Once converted to a pdf format, you may need to experiment on the dpi format, you can import the pdf file to Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop for further editing.

Model Builder allows me to quickly design a model to scale while PSP allows me to finish the design of complex shapes such as one piece diamond shape turret roofs for old houses.

You can then print from the paint program.
evande
Site Admin

Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:23 pm

There have been more questions on using the primopdf program.

Primo installs just like a printer. You will see it in your printer folder after installation of the free download. Now you can create pdf files from any program that can print.
When you are in Model Builder with anything on your screen, choose "File" > "Print" you will see primopdf as a choice to print to.
Click that option and choose Print. There will be a wait. Then you will see this screen:
Choose best (pre-press)for the print quality in order to not loose resolution of the image.
You will see an adobe PDF open. Save this pdf and import it into Adobe elements, Adobe Photoshop or Corel Paint Shop or other photo-editing programs able to open pdf. PDF is very popular for image exchanges, many magazines specify pdf for advertiser submissions.
Evan Designs