Program Settings

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
evande
Site Admin
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:42 pm

"Questions/Comments: Question - Page 4 of the Manual says to set the folder to save projects. Program Setting has an area titled File Locations. A box appears when I click in that area, but it doesn't allow me to type in any information.

Question - I just received version 1.6.7 The Manual included in the sofware is slightly different than the printed maunual included in the box. Is there a significant difference?"

Elbert
Evan Designs
evande
Site Admin

Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:56 pm

Thank you for contacting us.

In "File" > "Program settings"
Modify a file path by clicking on the current file path and then clicking the Modify Button.
Recently we have had some customers report problems with seeing the file list. After looking at the issue I found that some security software was blocking changes made to one of model builder's ini files http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INI_file
I will be rewriting the part of the program that populates the file list to avoid this problem.

The manual you have in your hand is more recent than the one in the Help menu of the software. Thank you for reminding us, we just now updated the one in the software to match the printed one.
Evan Designs
evande
Site Admin

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:15 pm

We have moved program settings. It no longer uses an .ini file to store individual user settings. Those who reported not seeing files in the file locations box should now see them after updating.

The update is available from this link:
http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/modelbuilder.html
Evan Designs