Advertiser sing to Model Builder

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
NormB
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Mon May 30, 2016 10:51 pm

I have made some signs that I want to add to buildings but vannot figure out how to get them from advertiser into model builder. What is the trick? I can save the signs and have done so but since the exstension is mb3 model builder cannt open them and they cannot be saved in any otyher format? I am confused to the advantages of advertixer if you are not able to use thise in model builder.
cdruhl
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:28 am

Model Builder interacts with "The Advertiser" as a "plug in." Look for the "plug in" control across the top menu in "Model Builder" and then look for "Advertiser" categories. You'll see things like "Food Drink ADV." I do not know if it will import in that manner signs that you've changed and saved. I imagine that it would but I have not tried it yet.

I would have been very disappointed had I simply bought "The Advertiser" alone, which I almost did, because there is no way to import new artwork and then save as a mb3 if you, say, find a picture of an old ad that you want to import. This would be a very nice feature. Pity that the software seems to have been left alone for several years without any updates -- it's a great product with great potential but could use a few nice tweaks like that. I get the impression that you can make signs in "Model Builder" or perhaps in Inkscape and then import them as mb4 files but you'd have to create your own library folder of your own mb4 files and bring them in as needed.