Win 7

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
gazerm42
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:45 am

Anyone have a problem between Windows 7 and MB? When I save a file and try to open it later it's missing imported items or they have move around. I have 1.7.0 I tried the new update but the background turns blue when I reopen a file that was in progress. Any help would be appreciated

Gazerm42
SRV Ron

Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Windows 7 has an annoying habit of putting certain files in weird places such as C:\Users\(your login name here)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Evan Designs\ etc...instead of your assigned save location in My Documents.

Results, your program can't find saved imported items because they are no longer in the expected location with the saved project.

Some of my games do that with screenshots instead of placing them in the game's screenshot folder. Microsofts own Train Simulator saves Geometry Extractor TD files there when it is suppose to save them directly in the route's TD folder.

Try setting Model Builder to Run As Administrator to see if that fixes the lost importing problem. If that doesn't work, do a file search to find where Windows placed the external saved imported files for your project.
evande
Site Admin

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:02 pm

hi Gazerm42
Nice to hear from you. No problems like you describe being reported, probably 1/2 the users are now Win7.

So you updated, do imported items move around with 1.7.13? Or is that resolved?

So now it is just the background turns blue? Without seeing the file, I am going to guess. Maybe you have a lot of background material, like brick or stone. Like most of a page or pages? Then it can be blue as it tries to draw it, the computer's graphics card is not keeping up. Solutions are either work in 50% screen zoom or make smaller projects.
Can you attach the file that shows the behavior? If it will not attach to this post you can email it to [email protected] we need to see the file to get what you are seeing!
Evan Designs
gazerm42

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:51 am

Evande,
I took SRV Ron's advice and went into the properties and changed the shortcut to run as admin and also as XP sp3
it works now.

It has been a long time away from MB I guess I got to busy. I'm doing an HO layout in my basement now for my grandson, he's 4. He adores trains! Can't wait to finish this layout.

I'm glad to be back, :P

Gazerm42
evande
Site Admin

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:24 am

there is a new update if you are interested?
http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/modelbuilder.html much of it is regarding working with The Advertiser
but might be worth checking out!
Evan Designs