Is there file size printing limit?

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
Xavco
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:54 pm

I work in smaller ( < 10mm ) wargameing scales and it looks like there is a file size limit that will not let me print out the project. I place a lot of detail on the page as I may have five to ten buildings on a standard sheet of paper.

If there is not a program limit then I will see if there is a printer restriction. Any thoughts on this matter will be helpful.
evande
Site Admin

Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:51 am

I am not aware of a file size limit,
Customers have sent me files of 30 MBytes size that printed fine.
If you computer has limited RAM such a file would present a problem

With Model Builder you could have 100s of native elements and your file size is typically less than 2 Megs.
I have been sent files with well over 200 textures that printed accurately
If you import images into Model Builder the file size can grow quickly if your imported images have a large file size.
If you work in a small scale such as 10mm there is no benefit to using a large file size. A large file size is useful for printing a single picture at a full page size, but when you shrink the image down to 1 or 2 inches in width there is no benefit to a large file size, and could present a problem if you have multiple large size imported files. You could reduce the file size of images prior to import with another graphics program such as Corel Photo paint or Photoshop. If you do not have either of these programs, there is a great free program called Gimp from Giimp.org

Dave
Evan Designs
evande
Site Admin

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:24 pm

If you have problems installing Model Builder from the original CD try copying the CD files to your Hard drive and then running file MBSetup.exe from your hard drive.

You also indicated a problem with the file on our site, I assume you are referring to the program update. Choose to save the file to your computer first, then go to your "Downloads" folder and locate the file MBUpdate and run the install
Evan Designs