Moving a complete project around

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
Latheart
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:40 pm

I am having trouble moving completed project items. For example there is a coal bin that is right on the print line I wannnnna move it! ALL! So I try to select it .... all? Wrong. So far what I have been able to do is select with the shift key each part of the coal bin and try that .... If I don't get ALL the pieces it comes apart. Is their a way to select the whole thing at once with out fooling with all the pieces?? Another example, I want to move a building front to get it set up for printing and their is way toooooo many individual parts and it comes apart ....
evande
Site Admin

Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Sorry to hear you are frustrated! I get you, a select tool would really help.

I don't think I have seen a group come apart though. Can you attach a file or 2 that has this trouble? I will play around with moving things.
Evan Designs
Latheart

Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:54 pm

I am using 1:22.5 scale
I downloaded this HO file to try out something.
By up scaling it is to big for the pages ( 4 ) I am allowed.
So
I wannnnnna move things to fit.

Example is the coal bin.

It is way off to the right and needs to be moved left to fit on one of the pages.
I try to select, or grab it .. to move this bin, but I end up with pieces.
I can'
t seem to grab the whole thing !@#$%^!
I don't want pieces I want the whole thing.

So I tried a wall with windows and door etc.
Same problem, I cant move the whole thing without trying to figure out all the pieces and then hope I shift click each piece to get all of them ....

Am I missing something ... ??

Can't we make something and save it (or use it) as a solid or complete item with out all the loose parts/pieces???

Thanks for any help

Rich
Attachments
kjh_cutout_city_shanty.mb4
ho project
(336 KiB) Downloaded 248 times