Unable to Import BMP file

Post your questions, comments and suggestions. Ask questions or report problems here.
GeorgeV2017
Anti-spam Test 1: No
Anti-spam Test 2: 5

Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:25 pm

I am new user with installed Toolkit 1.7.34 on a Windows 10 Dell PC about 6 months old.
I had no issues with installing the software from the cd.

I like the software in building my N scale buildings. It easy to use.

I have 2 issues I hope that can be resolved - first is importing .bmp file, second is saving text.

The FIRST ISSUE is I am unable to file import a bmp file into Model Builder. I get the plus sign and the arrow symbol, but when I click it the error message is "error object variable or with block variable not set". I also cannot copy and paste the image from Microsoft paint. The error is "error component Mdraw.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered is missing or invalid".

The SECOND ISSUE is cannot save horizontal text from the Plugin "Colorable Adv". I can alter the text, but when I save the file and later reopen the file the error "error path not found" appears and the text is gone.

Appreciate any help. Thank You.

George
GeorgeV2017

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:11 pm

I may have stumbled (see below) into a partial solution to my issues.

I can now import a BMP file or copy an image from Microsoft Paint into Model Builder.

HOWEVER, the imported images are not being saved by Model Builder.

After I save the file and then reopen, I get the error "error path not found" an the imported images are gone! This is the same error I have in saving text with the Advertiser Model Builder Plugin.

Any advice on getting Model Builder to save imported images would be greatly appreciated.

George

Partial Solution .....

Here is what I did to get a partial solution working from the error " ... MDraw.ocx ... not correctly registered ..."

I noted there were two .ocx files (the only two) in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Evan Designs. These were MDraw30.ocx and EzySavePGE.ocx. I copied these two files to C:\Windows\SysWOW64. I then manually registered these two files to Windows with the system commands Regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MDraw30.ocx and Regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\EzySavePGE.ocx. This was just a guess as to a solution.
GeorgeV2017

Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:23 pm

I sent an email to [email protected] and got a quick response (below) from Dave at Evans with a solution to my issue !!

I changed to shortcut properties for ModelBuilder.exe to run on Windows 10 as administrator and all the imported images I saved reappeared !!

I also changed the Toolkit.exe shortcut properties. It asked just for the first time opening the CD password.

George

Dave responded after I sent a copy he requested of a Model Builder file with the issue ...

"George

Thank you for attaching that. I will download and try it.
I think there might be a permissions issue with you computer because model builder writes to a database and your computer is somehow shutting down access. Try right clicking the program icon and choose run as administrator from the menu choices.
Let me know how that goes. It might help to install to a different computer just to test too."

Dave"
DouglasM

Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:57 am

I do not have a reply to this rather I have a similar question

how do I import a PDF file

I know how to take my MB file and make it a PDF file that works fine it is the other way round I cannot figure out